Saturday, August 21, 2010

Moments That Take Your Breath Away

I was just thinking and I decided that I want to start a series of blogs entitled, obviously, Moments That Take Your Breath Away. It is inspired by one moment in particular that I was just thinking about for some reason that I still can’t quite figure why. Anyway, here is that moment.


It was raining outside, the weather was beautiful and as they say romance was in the air.

I traveled through the most horrific traffic till date. I was not happy. As i entered the place, It was so peaceful. Just then something caught my attention which brought an instant smile to my face. I just forgot about the chaos and was looking forward for more of it:-P. Let me describe that moment.

She was wearing a dress (Shorter Version of Anarkali Kurti) in which she looks the prettiest rather i should say most beautiful at least according to me. She was an exquisite beauty - tall, fair and beautiful, her luxuriant black hair flowing down her back, her sharp features accentuated by the glowing lights, her nose slightly turned up, so slender and translucent.

I could not take my eyes off her. I was thinking this in my mind “She’s looking amazing, yaar!” Just then my conscious told me “Hey, you shameless Idiot– don’t ogle so blatantly – if she finds out you’ll be up the gum-tree!” I experienced a strange feeling of elation. 

In that mood, there was so much to say –but the words were hard to come by. It was just magical moment for me. Remember i told you that i was not happy after having to drive through the worst traffic that day. This moment made me forget about that.

There was a conspiratorial look in her expressive eyes; for once inviting and taunting, and she radiated an extraordinary magnetic allure that had me awestruck.

I really don't know whether she knew or not that it was her Smile which was her piece de resistance, the quintessence of her persona, the key facet of her loveliness, her attractiveness, her exquisite beauty, her captivating aura;

I sat next to her, mesmerized. I could not take my eyes off her.  I had never seen anyone so beautiful, so appealing. This definitely was one of the WOW Moments everyone looks forward to once in a while J

There were million thoughts running in my mind... I even remembered something i learned when i was in my 10th class. 

She's beautiful, and therefore to be wooed;
She is a woman, therefore to be won. 


There is something beautiful, touching and poetic when we come across something that catches your eye.. A joy to watch. Boy, that’s when you feel like saying “Life is not the amount of breaths you take, it's the moments that take your breath away.”

And now I eagerly await my next encounter with the beautiful lady.

I’ll sure tell you all about it when i encounter a moment like this again... This was simply breathtaking J

She knows whom I’m talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment